The Electronics Engineering Laboratory is equipped with a complete set of appropriate equipment to support the Electronics Engineering and Computer Engineering Programs as well as some courses from the computer Technology and Electronics Technology Programs.
Situated on the first floor, the ELECS Lab is fully air-conditioned of basic measuring equipment (voltmeters, ammeters, and multimeters) , consumables (resistors, ICs, capacitors, transistors and other electronic components), and at least 4 sets of the following equipment.
Inside the Electronics Lab: - Oscilloscopes (40 MHz, dual channel, dual trace)
- Radio frequency generators
- Audio frequency generators
- Function generators
- Frequency counters
- Regulated DC power suppliers (0-30v)
- Variable AC power supplies (0-30v)
- Sound level meters
- Standing wave ratio (SWR) meters
Other than the basic measuring equipment, power supplies, signal generators and consumable, the ELECS lab also boasts of the following hi-tech equipment:
- Benchmark Fiber Optic Communications Trainer
- Unitrain Electrical Machines Trainer
- MDE 8086 Microprocessor Trainer
- Emons TIMS Digital and Analog Communications Trainer
In additional, computers for circuit simulation can also be found in the ELECS Lab. Ten computers with licensed National instruments MultiSim Electornic Workbench and Circuit Simulation software are available for students to test their circuits designs and to conduct research and experiments.